Where is everyone going this summer?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous travel' started by Ian, May 17, 2017.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Where is everyone going this summer?

Do you have any plans to travel this summer? Going away somewhere? or just staying near your home?

I'm driving to Boston then maybe driving around New England for a few weeks this summer. I have never been to Maine, Vermont or New Hampshire so it would be interesting to visit them.

My trips oversea’s should start in September or October.

2. Tabitha

Tabitha Member

We're currently in Buenos Aires, on the last stop of three months in Chile and two in Argentina, before flying back to the UK at the start of June. We have a couple of weeks there, and then we're off to Canada late June to early October. We've also booked a couple of weeks in Jordan in October.

Ian likes this.
  3. Ian

Hi Tabitha, sounds like a great trip you're on. I was in Buenos Aires maybe 15 years ago, long time ago, great city. Did you make it over to Uruguay?

4. Tabitha

Tabitha Member

We're not going to Uruguay this time, but we did spend some time there in 2011-12, when we spent a year in South America. BsAs has to be one of our favourite cities, and Argentina in general is a great country. It's a bit of a weird travel year for us, as we are trying to lose weight and get fit, so are putting our normal travel on hold, and (aside from the Jordan trip), focussing on just a few places, in countries that we've visited before, where we can mostly concentrate on that.

Ian likes this.
  5. Ian

I am going to do a road trip next month to Ottawa, Montreal and then tour Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Boston then back through New York state to Toronto.

For September and October I am going to the UK and Ireland plus Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia, Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia and Montenegro. Looking forward to seeing the Balkans as it will be my first time there. If anyone has any tips on any of these places that would be appreciated. I was thinking of renting a car in Sofia, Bulgaria and driving to Prohodna to see the Eyes of God cave, maybe Buzludzha too depending on time and weather.

6. Mike

Mike New Member

I am in Provence, France at the moment. Will be heading to Caracassone and Bordeaux in the next few weeks, then back home for a bit. In September and October, heading out to Iceland for 2 weeks in a camper van (first time!), then back to Morocco, Lisbon and Paris.

Ian likes this.
  7. Mike

Mike New Member

I was in Croatia earlier this year in April. Loved the country. We visited Dubrovnik, Split, and several of the islands. Hvar is beautiful, but a bit over-hyped in my opinion. The island of Vis, is beautiful and was a highlight of our trip. A great place to go to get away from it all and enjoy some great food and local craft beer!

Ian likes this.
  8. Ian

Mike, you do travel a lot. Carcassonne is a place I would like to visit, I was not too far from there in Collioure a really nice little town by the sea. Iceland in a camper sounds good too, it’s on my bucket list.

I will be in Dubrovnik for a couple of days it looks like a great place to visit, I will be there at the end of September so hopefully it’s not too crowded at that time. Maybe next time I can visit the other places you mentioned.