Suggestions of Eggs Wifi/Mifi in WE?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Itanaa, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Itanaa

Itanaa New Member

Hi guys, new member here! Me and my friends will be making a trip to western Europe, mainly Berlin, Amsterdam, Dublin and if we still have enough time and money(kind of budget trip) , anywhere in France or UK.

I had a bad experience using roaming Data before in another adventure and since this time i will be with more friends, i would like to know if any of you guys know about a good pocket Wifi/Mifi that works in those countries i mentioned above?

We would be using internet to post stuff on social media, work remotely(unfortunately) and to use the gps of our smartphones since none of us has been to EU before and know nothing about how to go around in those countries. Could you guys recommend and if possible also share your experience with those type of service?

Thanks,
    Ita

2. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Hi Ita, thanks for joining. There was a discussion on this subject before, here's the link to that post.

I just got back last month from a trip to the UK, Iceland and Eastern Europe and only used free wifi, I was able to update software on this website, social media and keep in contact with people. Wifi is everywhere now, hotels, a lot of buses, trains, cafes, restaurants, shopping malls and more.

To get around the cities I used Google maps in airplane mode, you simply load the location/city onto your device and you can use that to find your way around, you can try that where you live now. When you stop somewhere for a coffee or something to eat just update your social media or do a little bit of work.

3. Itanaa

Itanaa New Member

Thank you Ian, i will be checking the other post.
    I heard it before, but i also didn't want to rely only on free wifi, i had a previous experience in another in which i could not use the free wifi due to some problems on the registration process, so since that time i always try to have my own way to access the web, specially now that i am with friends, but i will definitely be looking for those spots you mentioned.