Safari

Amanda

Hi Ian,

I pretty much live on safari :) For the last 5 years I've been living in National Parks in Kenya and Tanzania. :) Safaris are so great! Are you planning to take one soon?

Cheers,
Amanda

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Amanda,

I hope to take one either this year or next, I have bookmarked your websites and will check them again when I'm ready to go to Africa.
A safari is on my bucket list :) I also see hot air balloons on your Tembo tours site, that's on my list too :)

Thanks for joining and hopefully some of our members check your websites too.

Ian

Amanda

That's great, Ian! I'm happy to book your safari when you do visit. I work with great local suppliers and have access to great prices. Yes, my husband is an international hot air balloon pilot so I also do a lot of balloon reservations, happy to help with that as well. Do check back to TemboTours site, we are in the middle of a bunch of updates to the content and design. Feel free to contact me at any time with questions about planning your safari.

Cheers,
Amanda

We did a safari as part of our honeymoon in South Africa, back in 2007. We were still working then, so we splashed out far more than we would now that we are travelling. We stayed in the Vuyatela Lodge, in the Djuma Game Reserve, which is part of Sabi Sands, and runs alongside the Kruger.

It was excellent, both in terms of the lodge and the safaris. We got to see elephant (including having to keep out of the way of a herd of around 30 while we were on a foot safari), lions, rhinos, and about seven leopards in five different sightings. Definitely something we'd like to do again.

We went on to Sun City for a few days afterwards, so that we could do the hot air balloon ride over the Pilanesberg National Park. We landed next to a family of rhinoplasty, but they weren't at all bothered.

I've been on a few. The first was a budget safari out of Nelspruit to Kruger; it cost peanuts and I saw all of the Big Five in my first day. That got me hooked. Then I went to Tanzania and did a great safari from Arusha with a lovely guide called Mapunda who was as enthusiastic as he was knowledgeable. Loved Tarangire the best as I'm a big elephant fan, and also had a good experience in Ngorongoro spotting three lion cubs with their Mummy. I'd like to see the Mara one day, but so far in Kenya just got to see the David Sheldrick orphanage which will keep me going for now. Then I've also done mini-safaris in Zambia - a bush walk with lions - and Namibia - a bush walk to visit cheetahs. So yeah, pretty much hooked!

January 2016 I went on safari in Tanzania. Went to Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti. Only two days, and we saw it all! It was amazing! We saw the Big 5 and so much more. At the end of the second day we saw a leopard in a tree and watched her for 30 minutes. Amazing. This past January I went on safari in Botswana. We didn't spot a Cape Buffalo, but we saw three leopards and two cheetahs, one with three cubs! They were precious. I can highly recommend both locations. We were in the Okavango Delta at Kwara Camp in Botswana. Four days. I had such a good time.