Pocket wifi recommendation

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Chicalola, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Chicalola

Chicalola New Member

Hello! I'm planning a Europe trip next month. I want to visit Germany, France, Spain, Portugal and Italy. I don't want to spend too much on roaming but still want to have easy access to internet. Does anyone has experience using a pocket wifi before?? Is it worth it?? Thanks!

2. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Hi, I have never used a Pocket Wifi usually I just use the hotels or public wifi. The only one I have heard of is called My Webspot, I heard it was good but never used it myself. Ian

3. Chicalola

Chicalola New Member

Hey there! So how do you get around the city? Do you still use google map? I mainly want to use it to keep in touch with my families and getting around the city etc. I'll have a look on My Webspot, thanks!!

4. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

I usually research places before I go, I will print maps and the locations with side notes on how to get there. And yes you can use Google Maps in airplane mode, as long as you load the location onto your phone on wifi first.

5. Peggy

Peggy New Member

Usually, I read reviews before my trips. I checked the wifi signal of the place where I went to. Sometimes, I went to places that few people would go. So I chose pocket wifi quite carefully. I used to try iVideo, signal in Germany and Italy is okay. Mostly, I used pocket wifi is to upload photos to Instagram. 3GB a day is quite enough. Only one time, I uploaded more than 200 pics up to drive, then I was cut off and I needed to be able to use again the day after. It is not expensive too. It is about $9 a day. It can be shared to 10 devices. I had 2 companies, and we shares the fee together. So it equaled $3 a day. Share the link with you: https://goo.gl/t7UJ5X

6. Chicalola

Chicalola New Member

Oh cool! I checked it out yesterday and was thrilled to find out they've got one for 42 countries in Europe! I just booked it for $3.30 a day! Thanks~ :D

7. Itanaa

Itanaa New Member

Hi Peggy,
    When you went to Germany, did you try to use the Wifi in Berlin? Did it have a good connection there? What about France? Have you tried to use this iVideo Wifi there too? I am planning a trip with friends and i was looking for something like this, Ian mentioned this thread to me and the company you mentioned seems fine, but still i need some insights before renting the device, don't wanna have the same experience i had with roaming data before. Thanks.