Search results

1. Mike

Toronto

Hi Pat - Glad to help. Toronto has a lot of great things to offer all types of travellers, and it truly is one of my favourite cities in the world. Hope you have a great time on your trip! As for Smoque N' Bones, I haven't eaten there myself, but I know a few people who have and share similar...
  2. Mike

Toronto

Hi Pat - First off, I should mention that you will be visiting during the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF), so if that wasn't already on your list of planned activities, it's well worth checking out as there are frequently excellent movies that get premiered here. Keep in mind though...
  3. Mike

Where is everyone going this summer?

I was in Croatia earlier this year in April. Loved the country. We visited Dubrovnik, Split, and several of the islands. Hvar is beautiful, but a bit over-hyped in my opinion. The island of Vis, is beautiful and was a highlight of our trip. A great place to go to get away from it all and enjoy...
  4. Mike

Where is everyone going this summer?

I am in Provence, France at the moment. Will be heading to Caracassone and Bordeaux in the next few weeks, then back home for a bit. In September and October, heading out to Iceland for 2 weeks in a camper van (first time!), then back to Morocco, Lisbon and Paris.
  5. Mike

Getting to Pearson International Airport in Toronto

The Union Pearson Express (UP Express) is the relatively new direct rail link between Toronto’s Pearson International Airport (YYZ) and the downtown core (Union Station). Completed in June 2015, in time for the Pan Am Games, it has always shocked me that for a city of Toronto’s size that no...
  6. Mike

In Provence, France

In Provence, France
  7. Mike

Toronto

Hi Pat - what type of food do you like? I live in Toronto and have eaten my way through a decent portion of the city. Let me know and I can provide some recos as well. Mike
  8. Mike

Greetings from Toronto, Canada!

Hello Fellow Travellers! My name is Mike and I'm currently based in Toronto, Canada. Although, as I'm writing this I'm currently in Provence, France soaking up some French sunshine. Like others here, I love to travel and have made it more of a priority in my life by selling possessions (i.e...